Honest Country Music Reviews and News

Welcome to AngryCountry.com
Saturday, October 25 2014 @ 02:10 PM EDT

Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version

Jimmy Wayne at CRKA Benefit

From Our ReadersJimmy Wayne at CRKA Benefit

Cherish Wilson of The Shelby Star had it right when she said, “Jimmy Wayne wasn’t the only special guest at his benefit concert for the Cleveland Rutherford Kidney Association (CRKA). In fact, there were more than 1,000 special guests.”

Jimmy Wayne’s North Carolina homecoming was truly an event. His fans worked on a project called “Cheeks in Seats” that paid for 1,053 children from foster and group homes to attend the concert. It was an amazing event on many levels. The mix of music appealed to a wide variety of tastes from opening act Brian Burgess, who provided a solo acoustic performance, to hip hop Christian Artist Verbs, who got the crowd warmed up for Jimmy Wayne and his six piece band. Gardner-Webb University was definitely rockin’. CRKA presented Jimmy Wayne with their President’s Award as last year’s benefit concert raised over $20,000. This year’s event is sure to match that number. In accepting the award, Jimmy Wayne said a passionate thank you to the fans who had traveled from all over the country (including California, Oregon, Ohio, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Massachusetts to name a few) to participate in the event and to those who couldn’t who purchased “Cheeks in Seats”. During one part of the program, Jimmy introduced two inmates from the “Think Smart” program to talk about choices that young people make and the wrong decisions that they had made in their lives that put them behind bars. That very program - “Think Smart” - was instrumental in Jimmy’s young life.

Fans also provided support by donating food supplies for CRKA’s kidney patients and backpacks filled with some much need supplies for the youth in care. One fan purchased a “Meet and Greet” package and donated to it a child from a group home through an essay contest on Jimmy’s message of the “Power of One”.

Jimmy Wayne – the man, the music, the message – through a SPECIAL event - provided a positive message to kids who really needed to hear it while helping kidney patients in Cleveland and Rutherford counties.

Detroit dogs meets Nashville cats...

From Our ReadersDetroit dogs meets Nashville cats...

Just wanted to pass along a hot tip on a very cool twangy duo out of the Motown region: Tom and Robin Moore.
If you like REAL country coming from folks like Buddy and Julie Miller, you'll like these two. Give them a listen at www.myspace.com/tomandrobinmoore.

Let them know you stopped by...
Loyal Fan, Gail T.

Live From Austin TX series

From Our ReadersLive From Austin TX series

Hello everyone, just want to pass along a great site, with great bands, playing great music, called Live From Austin TX series. DVD and CD's of some really great artists, including Dwight Yoakam, Willie, Waylon, Merle, and Johnny Cash, and more!!!

Check it out!!

http://livefromaustintx.com/play/

Hot new Female Duo JADE!

From Our ReadersHot new Female Duo JADE!

I heard these girls play tonight here in Nashville and wanted to let you in on it. I found their website so that you can be the judge of their sound. These girls are amazing, and I'm so happy I had a chance to see them before they blow up on the music scene! Check them out at www.myspace.com/countryjade

Toby Keith's New CD "White Trash With Money"

From Our ReadersI've had Toby Keith's "White Trash With Money" CD for a week now thanks to the TKIFC sending it before street date. The CD is AWESOME!!!!! I have been listening to it endlessly, as always Toby shines with his incredible talent as a song writer & singer. He can go from Mild to Wild & I absolutely love his no holding back attitude that drew me to him to begin with many, many years ago. After the 1st time I heard him I had to get my hands on every CD he has ever put out. I encourage you to buy this CD & you will be hooked too. I'm a very proud member of the Toby Keith International Fan Club, I'm "jackyak", I hope to see you there soon.

Buy The Album: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ELJB2I/ecnadmedia-20

Awesome Columbus, Ohio Country Artist

From Our ReadersAwesome Columbus, Ohio Country Artist

I wanted to pass the word along about an AWESOME local country musician in the Columbus, Ohio area. He plays throughout the state of Ohio, and will travel.

CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE: denniehall.com - his new fan club is offering a FREE CD to the first 100 members to join! Check out his original songs online, that you can listen to - his new concert lineup will be posted soon, so keep checking back for it!

He sings both originals and cover songs. His favorite cover artists include Montgomery Gentry, Gary Alan, Trace Adkins, Tim McGraw, & MORE!

Terri Clark's "Life Goes On" out tomorrow!

From Our ReadersTerri Clark's latest release will be out tomorrow, November 1. You can check out the tracks for "Life Goes On", download wallpaper, and much more all at:

http://umgnashville.com/product.aspx?ob=disc&src=art&pid=1489

Buy the Album: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009X6VEM/ecnadmedia-20

Jiffy Lube Customer Experiences

From Our ReadersJJiffy Lube Customer Experiences

Customers of Jiffy Lube describe a similar problem they say the company's employees caused. A consumer alert to advise you to carefully consider who you let service your vehicle.

Be Here by Keith Urban

From Our Readers"Be Here" is not only the greatest album I've ever heard, but Keith Urban looks twenty times better with his newer, more rugged look. Every song on his album is pure gold, from "Days Go By" all the way to "These Are the Days". It includes some of the best songs I've ever heard, not just from Keith Urban, but from any singer at all. Plus, some of the hits you've probably heard already, like "Making Memories of Us" and "You're My Better Half" are included in the CD. Of course, the pictures in the front cover don't exactly take away from the overall quality of the CD, if you know what I mean.

Buddy Jewell

From Our ReadersBuddy Jewell

Buddy Jewell. His name says it all. He is a gem. Most certainly a one of a kind man. He is a dedicated singer, father, husband and christian. If he is not spending time with his family or touring he is donating his time for charity. The man does it all. But, for some reason his music career seems to be sizzling on a back burner. Fans are having trouble getting his songs played on the radio. It makes no sense to me how some songs with no meaning can go straight to number one when songs that are from the heart and upbeat barely gets air time. Maybe its a name game in this business, who knows. But America is truely missing out on this great musician of our time. Buddy's music is good to hear good for the soul and touches your heart. Not to meantion it will make you get up and dance.

AngryCountry Sponsors: